- To meet the legal requirements of the regulated activities that Lynton Cleaning Services is registered to provide:
- General Data Protection Regulation 2016
- Data Protection Act 2018
- The following roles may be affected by this policy:
- All staff
- The following people may be affected by this policy:
- The following stakeholders may be affected by this policy:
- External health professionals
- Local Authority
- This policy will assist with establishing ways of working in terms of the use, storage, retention and security of personal data and will ensure that all Data Subjects, including Individuals, understand the ways in which personal data collected by Lynton Cleaning Services via its website is
by Lynton Cleaning Services to its website if it collects personal data via its website. Lynton Cleaning Services will use the template Fair Processing Notice to inform all other Data Subjects, including Individuals, about how Lynton Cleaning Services processes personal data other than personal data collected via the website.
- If Lynton Cleaning Services does not transfer personal data outside of the EEA, Lynton Cleaning Services will delete the section entitled “Where we store your personal data”
- If Lynton Cleaning Services is not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer, Lynton Cleaning Services will delete references to the Data Protection Officer or will consider replacing references to the Data Protection Officer with references to Lynton Cleaning Services’ Privacy Officer or other person nominated to have day-to-day responsibility for data protection and GDPR
contact Lynton Cleaning Services. Lynton Cleaning Services will consider whether to provide an alternative contact method instead, such as an email address and/or phone number.
- Lynton Cleaning Services should use the template Fair Processing Notice to inform all other Data Subjects, including Individuals, about how Lynton Cleaning Services processes personal data other than personal data collected via the
- Data Subject
- The individual about whom Lynton Cleaning Services has collected personal data
- Data Protection Act 2018
- The Data Protection Act 2018 is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament that updates data protection laws in the UK. It sits alongside the General Data Protection Regulation and implements the EU’s Law Enforcement Directive
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European It was adopted on 14 April 2016 and after a two- year transition period became enforceable on 25 May 2018
- Personal Data
- Any information about a living person including but not limited to names, email addresses, postal addresses, job roles, photographs, CCTV and special categories of data, as defined
- Process or Processing
- Doing anything with personal data, including but not limited to collecting, storing, holding, using, amending or transferring Lynton Cleaning Services does not need to be doing anything actively with personal data – at the point Lynton Cleaning Services collects it, it is processing it
- Special Categories of Data
- Has an equivalent meaning to “Sensitive Personal Data” under the Data Protection Act 2018. Special categories of data include but are not limited to medical and health records (including information collected as a result of providing health care services), Care Plans and information about a person’s religious beliefs, ethnic origin and race, sexual orientation and political views
- Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website and can be accessed either by the web server or the client’s computer
Key Facts – Professionals
Professionals providing this service should be aware of the following:
Key Facts – People Affected by The Service
People affected by this service should be aware of the following:
As well as the information in the ‘Underpinning Knowledge’ section of the review sheet we recommend that you add to your understanding in this policy area by considering the following materials:
To be ‘Outstanding’ in this policy area you could provide evidence that:
We are Lynton Cleaning Services, a [company] incorporated in [England and Wales] [Scotland]. Our company number is [insert registered company number] and our registered address is 71 Cae Glas Road Rumney Cardiff CF3 3JX Wales
(“Lynton Cleaning Services” / “we” / “our” / “us“). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the GDPR and the DPA (together “Data Protection Legislation”). We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at [insert email address for DPO. If there is no DPO, delete reference to them].
What information does Lynton Cleaning Services hold and how will we use it?
Information you give Lynton Cleaning Services: You may give us information about you by completing enquiry forms on the website or by requesting via the website that we send you marketing information [or [insert any other reason for which a person may upload their personal data to the website]. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address/location and phone number [if there are any other types of personal data that Lynton Cleaning Services collects via the website, add them to this list. This does not include all personal data processed by Lynton Cleaning Services but only personal data it collects through its website].
We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or providing services to you or to an Individual you represent. We will retain this information for [insert the relevant retention period for the types of personal data listed above. If it is not possible to insert the retention period, explain the criteria Lynton Cleaning Services uses for determining how long it will retain the personal data. Refer to the Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care if required].
Information Lynton Cleaning Services collects about you: Lynton Cleaning Services may collect the following information from you when you visit the website:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, website errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our helpline
We retain this information for [insert the relevant retention period for the types of personal data listed above. If it is not possible to insert the retention period, explain the criteria Lynton Community Cleaning Services uses for determining how long it will retain the personal data].
Information we receive from other sources: This includes information we receive about you when you use other websites operated by us or other services we provide. This information may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. We will retain this information for [insert the relevant retention period for the types of personal data listed above. If it is not possible to insert the retention period, explain the criteria Lynton Cleaning Services uses for determining how long it will retain the personal data].
Use Made of the Information
Lynton Cleaning Services may use the information we receive and/or collect about you to:
- Fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you or with an Individual you represent, and to provide you or the relevant Individual with information or services you or the Individual has requested
- Send you newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so
- Notify you of products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have provided the appropriate consent
- Monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the website and the services we provide via the website
Lynton Cleaning Services processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all the following:
- Where the processing enables Lynton Cleaning Services to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve the website, its services or communications
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To enhance the security of Lynton Cleaning Services’ network and information systems
- To better understand how people, interact with Lynton Cleaning Services’ websites
- To administer the website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
If we obtain consent from you to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services in which you may be interested.
Where we are processing personal data, we have obtained via the website on the basis of having obtained consent from you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information from us) please let us know by contacting us via the following webpage. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us via the following webpage and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
We may carry out automated decision-making using the personal data you provide to us. We do so to [insert an explanation about the automated decision-making (including profiling) that you carry out. You should explain
the logic involved and the significance and potential consequences for the Data Subject. For example, if you track their behavior on your website to send targeted advertising, explain this process. If you do not carry out any automated decision making, you can delete this policy entry].
Third Party Sites
How Safe is your Information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorized or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
- Third parties who may wish to contact you in respect of services or products they offer or sell which may be of interest to you, provided we receive your consent to such disclosure; and/or advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the website
Please note we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- Sell any or all our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller
- Are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- Need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organizations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Your Rights in Respect of your Data
If any of the information you provide to us via the website changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us via the following webpage .
If you wish to access or rectify the information, we hold about you, or request that such information be transmitted directly to another data controller, please contact us via the following webpage. We shall process your request to access your information within one month of receipt, or we’ll let you know within that time frame if we need more information from you. We will process your request free of charge.
To request that your information is deleted or if you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us via the following webpage [insert webpage link].
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details for the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.
COOKIES WEBSITE STATEMENT
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a Site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.