Carpets are recommended to be cleaned annually, some homeowners see this as a burden, especially if they are diligent about weekly vacuuming, and others may view it as a worthwhile expense, to keep their carpets in good condition and prolong the life of the carpet. Here are the pros, cons, of carpet cleaning to help clear your uncertainties.
The Pros of Carpet Cleaning
If you want to keep your carpets in tip-top shape, here are some compelling reasons in favour of carpet cleaning.
- Health Benefits –Your carpet serves as a filter. For instance, it catches all kinds of allergens, bacteria, dust and other foul things that are circulating in the air. If you want to make sure that the air you and your family are breathing is clean, it’s better to have your carpet cleaned regularly.
- Long Life –Additionally, having your carpet regularly cleaned is the most effective way to ensure that it will stand the test of time. Nobody wants to face the prospect of a new carpet installation. For operational purposes, your carpet will function for 10 to 15 years, regardless if you clean it or not. If you set aside cleaning your carpet for 5 years, the stains, traffic lanes and general signs of wear and tear will almost inevitably lead you to call a carpet company for a new one before the warranty of your current carpet expires.
- Appearance Preservation –If you want your carpet to look new and classy, it’s recommended that you have it cleaned every 6 to 12 months. To make sure your carpet will last, check it from time to time for spots and traffic lanes.
The Cons of Carpet Cleaning
Generally, regularly doing carpet cleaning is a very good idea. However, there are situations where doing so will disrupt the health of your carpet.
- DIY Challenges –Ideally, the notion that you can clean your carpet by yourself should be avoided. Although there are some places that can provide you with carpet-cleaning equipment for hire, these will still not guarantee the best end results. Using a cleaner with a low suction power and lower quality application will just damage to your carpet, leaving it damp on open for rot or mould to start.
- Unnecessary Extras –Hiring a carpet cleaning service will cost you slightly more money. But, the potential hidden costs that hiring your own carpet cleaner could be a lot more if you need to buy a new carpet.
- Clean First, Repair Second –This is one of the biggest mistakes you may make regarding your carpet. Getting your carpet cleaned before you repair it will only make the issue worse. Hence, it’s better to repair your buckling or wrinkling carpet first, then contact a pro for the cleaning.
The Costs of Carpet Cleaning
When it comes to the costs of carpet cleaning in the Cardiff area, you should know what to spend to get the best bang for your buck, and that does mean shopping around until your happy with the company that is going to do it. In most cases, it will depend on what house cleaning packages you choose. Approximately £130 is the average cost for carpet cleaning in Cardiff for a 2-bedroom house, varying between location and the number of rooms you need cleaned.
The Bottom Line
Let’s admit it – regular carpet cleaning Cardiff with Lynton Cleaning Services is a great way to keep your carpet healthy for a long time. However, you also need to be mindful of the potential cons brought about by carpet cleaning. Therefore, it’s important that you and the contractor you decide to go with discuss your expectations, pricing and the possible additional charges along the way. By doing this, you can undoubtedly get the service you deserve without any surprises.